Low-Level Laser Therapy – For Hair Loss
Low-Level Laser Therapy is a fast growing technology, especially in the fields of physical medicine and rehabilitation. As the matter of fact that skin is naturally exposed to light, it responds well to red and near-infrared wavelengths. These two laser lights are well-known to promote the tissue repair and regeneration by efficiently stimulating the cellular activity. LLLT has shown positive effects for multiple medical conditions, such as nerve regeneration, stroke recovery and is specifically a helpful treatment for different kinds of hair loss.
LLLT & Alopecia:
Androgenetic alopecia is the most common type of hair loss that affects 70% of the men and 40% of the women at some point in their lives. It is also called pattern balding. Finasteride and Minoxidil are FDA approved drugs. Low Level Laser Therapy has been highly recommended for hair loss other than hair transplant.
Studies have shown that LLLT successfully stimulates hair growth along with decreasing the inflammation and increasing the local blood flow. It is FDA approved, which means it is both safe and effective.
Mechanism of Action:
Hair growth includes three phases, which are:
Anagen Phase – the growth phase,
Catagen Phase – the transition phase in which the hair follicles start shrinking,
Telogen Phase – the phase in which hair follicles eventually shed.
LLLT works by shifting the hair follicles into the anagen phase via different helpful methods so to restore the hair growth. The process begins when a light penetration of predetermined wavelength (in the range of 630 to 670 nanometers) that works by entering into the scalp and getting absorbed by the molecules of hair follicles. In this way, the epidermal stem cells are stimulated that take the responsibility of regenerating the follicles. The technology causes the increased blood flow in order to increase the process of oxygen and nutrients delivery to the follicles. As the ending process, the metabolic processes that are essential for hair growth are stimulated in order to prevent the build-up of the DHT.
What LLLT Can & Can’t Do:
Basically, LLLT is best suitable for treating the hair that are weak and thin, as it works by making them thicker and stronger along with turning the wispier follicles into healthier ones. Moreover, it is also very helpful in stopping the hair loss process mid-way. However, it doesn’t work when the hair follicles are not active as it only causes hair growth in alive follicles. Therefore, it is best suggested that you start the process as earlier as possible so enjoy the maximum benefits.
This is an easy process; each treatment takes 15 to 30 minutes and the recommended treatments per week are almost 2-3.
Candidates for LLLT:
This treatment is only effective in some conditions as there are specified candidates, both are mentioned below:
- The male pattern hair loss that is genetic, i-e, has family history of alopecia
- Men and women who are undergoing hair loss and haven’t treated it yet
- Patients who already had hair transplant or want to have it
- Patients having hair loss due to chemotherapy, drug-induced alopecia, and other similar causes
- Women suffering from hair loss during or after pregnancy or menopause.
Benefits of LLLT for Hair Loss:
- Promotes healthier and thicker hair
- Prevents hair loss in 93% of the clients
- Stimulate the growth of new hair
- Rejuvenate the hair follicles
- Increase the volume of hair
- Causes rehabilitation of the damaged hair
- Enables hair to grow in speed for immediate post hair implants
- Is equally effective for men and women
- No adverse side effects have been reported yet
- Is painless and relatively inexpensive
- Treatment requires minimal time
- Is compatible and complimentary to PRP treatment
- Offers a variety of compatible devices, most of them are portable
- Promote hair growth on the crown or along the hairline of forehead
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do people experience hair loss ?
There could be many reasons that can cause hair loss. Some of the common ones are; family history, Hormonal changes, Medical condition, medications, stress, poor diet ……
Are there any non-surgical hair replacement options ?
Yes, there are some treatments available for hair regrowth and prevent hair loss. Such as PRP, ACell, Stem Cell and more.
Does hair transplant surgery result in permanent growing hair ?
Who would do the consultation?
Dr Syed himself does the consultation and address all the concerns and question patient have for hair loss treatments or procedures.
What is the procedure of making an appointment for consultation?
We are here to help from Mon-Fri between 9:00am to 5:00pm. You can give us a call @ 888-430-6115 to setup an appointment or get any other information regarding our services.
How much pain in involved in a hair transplant procedure?
FUE is the minimal invasive hair transplant procedure. There’s no linear scar or down time. Patient don’t feel any pain during the procedure.